AMI Manchester has been a leading producer of small to medium automotive stampings for over 40 years. While the automotive downturn of 2008 – 2009 proved difficult for many, AMI Manchester flourished under the leadership of owner Vincent J. Henderson . Mr. Henderson also successfully secured certification of AMI as a Michigan Minority Business Enterprise , and continued to develop AMI as a leader in a highly competitive business environment as a Minority Business Supplier.
In 2008, AMI Manchester also expanded our then current welding capabilities by purchasing an additional 3 single station welders. This expansion provided additional capacity and growth in the small welded assembly and weld nut assembly markets.
Since 2008, under Mr. Henderson’s leadership and vision, AMI Manchester has continued to grow its customer base and has steadily increased sales in excess of $3.0M.
Today our stable management team and workforce, whose members’ average a decade or more of dedicated service, provides valuable experience in short run, quick change stampings in this fast paced segment of the automotive industry, including In Die Nut Staking and In Die Hole Tapping capabilities.
Vince Henderson purchased AMI Manchester in December of 2007, and has never looked back
AMI was certified as a Minority Business Enterprise by the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC) in November 2009
While others floundered and filed for bankruptcy in the great automotive slowdown of 2008-2009 Vince grew sales and turned around AMI
AMI sales for 2010 grew by 31% and 38% from 2007 and 2008 respectively which is in the opposite direction of US car sales which dropped by 28% and 12% respectively
AMI has won many awards from Honda, Nissin Brake and AY Manufacturing reflecting their ability to exceed customer expectations
- Cost Competitiveness: AMI has a low overhead structure which allows us to quote aggressively
- AMI helps its customers cut costs by providing innovative solutions throughout the life cycle of the product
- AMI is a certified Minority Business Enterprises
- We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction through high quality, on-time delivery and responsiveness to customer needs
- Strong management team with key experience in engineering, manufacturing and production
- Our SE Michigan location provides close proximity to customers and a strong network of suppliers